I like to think that I have a pretty decent grasp on what a good pancake should be like. I mean, I’ve eaten a fair few. Some were really good, some not so good. I’ve made them myself a lot, and I’ve had breakfast at iHop more times than I should. I know pancakes, and I love pancakes.
So when I say that these are the best pancakes I’ve ever eaten, that does actually say a lot about how darn delicious these actually are!
The first time I made them, I sat down to eat with the Man, and I was like whoa! They were so soft, it was like eating a soft, sweet cloud 😀
The next day I made them again (I told you I love pancakes!), and they were still just as sweet, just as yummy and just as soft. It’s ridiculous, you just have to try them to see what I’m talking about!
If you don’t have buttermilk, or don’t know what it is, here’s the recipe on how you can make it yourself. It’s really easy, you only need two things.
- 135 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 grams butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 120 ml buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 60 grams kesam
- Blend the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the butter and eggs, and add the buttermilk and maple syrup.
- Stir in the kesam and whisk lightly until there are no large lumps.
- Pour into your kitchen machine, add in the flour mixture, and beat until blended. Make sure there's no flour stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
- Cook in a frying pan or on a griddle on medium-low heat.
- How much batter you use is up to you, obviously. If you like them small, use about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. I like them a bit larger, so I use a small soup ladle and fill it about half. Then I pour a bit less than that onto the griddle.
- Let them cook for a couple of minutes, they are ready to be flipped over when the batter goes a bit darker and small bubbles appear.
- Cook on the other side for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve hot with your choice of topping, I love blueberries and maple syrup.